Aviation Flight Fees
Flight Fees Spring 2018
Flight fees are based on estimated usage of instructor time and planes and are listed below. Specifically, flight fees cover aircraft rental and flight instructor compensation for the minimum flight hours required for each flight lab and the FAA written exam. These fees DO NOT cover the cost of extra time (ET) flights necessary to progress to the next level of airmanship, mandatory flight insurance fees or the end-of-course (EOC) check-ride fees by an FAA Designated Pilt Examiner (DPE). At course end, final charges are adjusted to actual usage and may result in refunds or additional charges.
|AVN 161/192 - Private Pilot-SEL Ground||$ 375|
|AVN 161A/192A - Private Pilot-SEL Flight I||$ 3,405|
|AVN 162A/193A - Private Pilot-SEL Flight II||$ 4,163|
|Total Private Pilot||$ 7,943|
|AVN 220 - Instrument Pilot SEL Ground||$ 800|
|AVN 221A - Instrument Pilot SEL Flight I||$ 2,655|
|AVN 222A - Instrument Pilot SEL Flight II||$ 4,545|
|Total Instrument Rating||$ 8,000|
|AVIATION MINOR ONLY TOTAL||$15,943|
|AVN 300 - Commercial Pilot-Ground||$ 375|
|AVN 301A - Commercial Pilot-SEL Flight I||$ 4,845|
|AVN 302A - Commercial Pilot-SEL Flight II||$ 3,755|
|AVN 303A - Commercial Pilot-SEL Flight III||$ 4,370|
|AVN 304A - Commercial Pilot-SEL Flight IV||$ 6,135|
|AVN 305 - Multi-Engine Ground||$ 660|
|AVN 305A - Multi-Engine Flight||$ 8,665|
|Total Multi-Engine||$ 9,325|
Certified Flight Instructor
|AVN 415 - CFI Ground||$ 300|
|AVN 415A - Commercial CFI SEL||$ 3,375|
|AVN 421 - CFII/MEI Ground||$ 150|
|AVN 421A - CFII SEL||$ 2,750|
|AVN 423A - MEL||$ 4,500|
Requirements for being released to fly at the Central Kentucky Regional Airport include:
- Register for course
- Payment of course fees
- Proof of medical certificate
- Proof of flight insurance
- Original U.S. birth certificate or TSA approval
- Passing result on drug test
- The above course fees are in addition to regular tuition, housing, books, meals, etc.
- Program Total does not include: $260.00 insurance fee per flight course (course ending in A), personal flight insurance, flight physical for Medical Certificate, navigation publications or the end of course check ride by a FAA Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) which currently range between $400-$550.
- For help in locating an approved flight-physical physician, visit Useful Links and click on “FAA Medical Examiner Locator”
- Fees are an estimate. Some students will require more flight time while others will take less.
See the downloadable PDF flyer below...