Aviation Flight Fees
Flight Fees 2016-2017
Flight fees are based on estimated usage of instructor time and planes and are listed below. Specifically, flight fees cover aircraft rental and flight instructor compensation for 20-25 flight hours for each flight lab, the FAA written exam, and the end of course (EOC) check ride fees by an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE). These fees DO NOT cover the cost of extra time (ET) flights necessary to progress to the next level of airmanship or mandatory flight insurance fees. At course end, final charges are adjusted to actual usage and may result in refunds or additional charges.
|AVN 161/192 - Private Pilot-SEL Ground||$ 390|
|AVN 161A/192A - Private Pilot-SEL Flight I||$ 4,025|
|AVN 162A/193A - Private Pilot-SEL Flight II||$ 4,200|
|Total Private Pilot||$8,615|
|AVN 220 - Instrument Pilot SEL Ground||$ 950|
|AVN 221A - Instrument Pilot SEL Flight I||$ 4,900|
|AVN 222A - Instrument Pilot SEL Flight II||$ 5,300|
|Total Instrument Rating||$11,150|
|AVIATION MINOR ONLY TOTAL||$19,765|
|AVN 305 - Multi-Engine Ground||$ 480|
|AVN 305A - Private Pilot Multi-Engine Flight||$ 7,100|
|AVN 300 - Commercial Pilot-Ground||$ 1,030|
|AVN 331A - Commercial Pilot-MEL Flight I||$ 5,710|
|AVN 332A - Commercial Pilot-MEL Flight II||$ 6,700|
|AVN 333A - Commercial Pilot-MEL Flight III||$ 3,400|
|AVN 334A - Commercial Pilot-MEL Flight IV||$ 7,505|
Certified Flight Instructor
|AVN 415 - CFI Ground||$ 300|
|AVN 416A - Commercial CFI SEL||$ 5,920|
|AVN 421 - CFII/MEI Ground||$ 150|
|AVN 421A - CFII SEL||$ 3,000|
|AVN 423A - MEL||$ 4,700|
|Total Certified Flight Instructor||$14,070|
|University Insurance Fee*:||$ 3,120|
|Flight Fee Total||$68,880|
Requirements for being released to fly at the Madison County Airport include:
- Register for course
- Payment of course fees
- Proof of medical certificate
- Proof of flight insurance
- Original U.S. birth certificate or TSA approval
- Passing result on drug test
- The above course fees are in addition to regular tuition, housing, books, meals, etc.
- EKU requires an additional $260.00 insurance fee for each FLIGHT course (courses ending in A).
- Program Total does not include: $260.00 insurance fee per flight course, personal flight insurance, flight physical for Medical Certificate, or navigation publications.
- For help in locating an approved flight-physical physician, visit Useful Links and click on “FAA Medical Examiner Locator”
- Fees are an estimate. Some students will require more flight time while others will take less.
See the downloadable PDF flyer below...