Aviation Facilities & Trainers
EKU Aviation is located in the Ralph W. Whalin Technology Complex which includes approximately 100,000 square feet of classroom and laboratory space plus a simulator facility. The facilities are located in the central portion of campus, close to the library, classroom buildings and dormitories.
Flight Operations Office
The new Flight Operations Office houses the very latest in flight locating, scheduling and dispatch.
- Aerospace Management students become a part of controlling EKU Aviation flight ops.
- Aerospace Management students learn under real life scenarios.
- Flight Ops Office is managed and operated by EKU Aviation students.
Flight training is conducted primarily at the Central Kentucky Regional Airport (KRGA).
- Close to EKU Richmond Campus (10-15 minutes)
- On-sight aircraft maintenance
- Low airport congestion - easy flight scheduling
- Students may earn Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) apprenticeship.
Schedule time with the Elite, Alsim MC200 Flight Simulator - capable of up to 15 different aircraft types as well as a small jet or th Professional Flight Controls DCX MAX with glass cockpit capability. Recently installed in the Whalen Complex, the simulators, which are an actual model of an airplane cockpit, replicates different types of airplanes allowing students to gain flight hours and get comfortable with flying before leaving the ground. Get your Instrument Recurrency or brush up for your Instrument Proficient Check (IPC).
|Alsim MC 200 Flight Simulator|
|Elite Flight Simulator|